Q. I'm a teen writer. Can you give me feedback on the book I'm writing?
A. I am so glad to hear you are writing!
But I'm afraid I can't be your writing coach. I'm juggling multiple deadlines, usally while traveling. I'm having a hard time finding time to write my own books.
But here are some general tips:
1. Finish your book. You can’t sell a book unless it’s done.
2. Make it the best book you can. One book I like is called Self Editing for Fiction Writers.
3. Find people who are in the same position as you (beginners) and ask if you can trade critiques with them.
4. Consider posting your work on Wattpad for feedback.
5. Start reading about how the publishing process works and thinking of yourself as a writer. Check out AgentQuery.com, which as a section for writers. Subscribe to free newsletters from places like Publishers Weekly and School Library Journal.
While being published as a teen is hard, it has happened. Here’s an article about people who got book deals as teens: